Nikon D500 memory card help needed

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
rscott900ss
rscott900ss Regular Member • Posts: 247
Re: Nikon D500 memory card help needed

DebbieKW wrote:

Hi, yes - not finding a whole lot of difference cost wise.

Guess it makes the most sense to buy the V90 UHS II and just go with the CFexpress Type B as a secondary (even though it is way faster than what I need) as they are actually less expensive and faster than the QXD cards I can find of the same size

What do you mean when you say I need a reader? Can’t I just plug the camera into the computer to export the photos?

I guess most folks use a card reader but I just use the supplied cord (and purchased a spare for my laptop bag).

The D500 downloads photos at a very fast rate... probably three or more times faster than my D750 does.  I am a casual shooter and generally don't have many photos to download.  Often, it's just a handful.

I don't know which I'm more paranoid about: constantly removing/inserting cards in the camera's card slots, or constantly plugging/unplugging cords from the camera's USB socket.  

rscott900ss's gear list:rscott900ss's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow