Lighter replacement for Canon 70D

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OpticsEngineer Veteran Member • Posts: 7,569
Re: Lighter replacement for Canon 70D

For a light and capable camera, I really like my Nikon Z50 and 18-140 mm zoom lens.

I also have a Canon M5 and 18-150 lens. That lens is farily soft and I really don't recommend the Canon M system because Canon has only made STM lenses for it and never made any of the USM style lenses that are faster focusing for camera like my 70D. It seems likely Canon will end M system production and replace it with an R style APS-C camera line. Of course that is kind of speculation, but one can't get past the Nikon 18-140 zoom lens being much sharper than the Canon 18-150.

I have tried Z cameras with F mount lenses with the FTZ adaptor. And I have tried M camras with EF-S lenses with a Canon adaptor. Both work well. But you end up with bulky systems so I never used them past just playing around with them a bit for technical curiousity.

In the mean time, while making up your mind on what to get, please post picutres of the puppy.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Pentax *ist D +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow