New camera. Go full frame?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
rsn Contributing Member • Posts: 785
Where is your starting point

Pick two of your wish list goals, sunsets, sunrises, astrophotography, nature, landscape and architecture. Then figure out what lenses you will want/need for these two goals, include filters (landscape) and what have you.

Then ask yourself - realistically - how large is going to be your largest image on the screen or printed. If the answer isn't very large, then APS-C will fit the bill nicely.

Then consider the camera, and for bigger bang for your buck consider used, either KEH, mpb, Facebook market place (this in my semi-rural location is better than I thought it would be), or Kijiji or the like. When I purchase locally used, I meet up at McDonalds during a busy hour since you are expected to show up with cash.

I have both full frame and cropped sensor cameras and gear. The more I use my Fuji gear the less I feel I need my full frame camera gear.

If you are older, you will over time be happy you chose lighter gear.

If you are interested, seriously, in landscape photography - learn to like your tripod.

rsn's gear list:rsn's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow