Nikon D500 memory card help needed

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
rscott900ss
rscott900ss Regular Member • Posts: 247
Re: Machine gunner or sniper?

David Lal wrote:

DebbieKW wrote:

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help - I am feeling a little overwhelmed by the options as a hobby photographer!

What makes you think you need a high-speed card?

I don't have a D500. I do have 3 other DSLRs, particularly a D750, that take SD cards and I use humble Sandisk 32gb 80 mbps cards in all of them. No problems at all. On the other hand, I don't do video and I don't like the machine gun paradigm: for me a 3 or perhaps a 5 frame burst is as far as it goes. Most often though just one or two single shots.

People are different though. It all depends on your style and what you are trying to achieve.

I agree with David.  I rarely rattle off multiple shots and, if I do, it's not more than a handful.  And I have never shot a video yet on my D750 or D500!

But... If the budget allows it, I always try to future-proof my storage media purchases by getting the fastest/largest I can easily afford.  I purchased an XQD and a UHS-II Sd card for my D500.   You never know what's ahead...

rscott900ss's gear list:rscott900ss's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow