Uncropped 4k/60 options? Or am I being stupid

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PatriotDrone New Member • Posts: 12
Uncropped 4k/60 options? Or am I being stupid

Hey all - I mainly do drone work, but I began shooting real estate interiors last year with a DJI Pocket 2, and I've been really pleasantly surprised with what it's capable of.  But, I've become increasingly frustrated with its performance in low-light and high-contrast situations, which is a LOT of real estate these days; more and more houses are dimly lit with Edison bulbs, which look great in real life but TERRIBLE on the little Pocket 2.

So I know it's time to take the plunge to a real setup.  I'd like to do it once and do it right but without another mortgage.  I've been shooting everything in 4k/60, both drone and Pocket 2; I don't mind a 4k workflow and 60 lets me immediately smooth things out by going to 30.

But, I've become aware that almost all full-frame options actually crop when shooting 4k/60, which seems to lose the low-light advantage of full-frame, and which narrows the shot, which seems like it would be a problem shooting full rooms.

I'd be grateful for your advice here.  Is there a way to shoot uncropped 4k/60 nice and wide without buying a Canon R6?  I had a friend suggest that I shoot cropped 4k/60 but use an ultra-wide lens to make up for the crop (again, seems like that defeats the purpose of full-frame).

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I'll just shoot interiors at 1080/60; everyone's watching everything on YouTube anyway, and when I just clicked a random video from my channel, it looked fine, and when I checked, it was playing at 720.  Should I just do that and quit stressing about it?

Thanks for your patience - I've been doing drone work for six years but I'm brand new to this side of things!  At this point I'm thinking of going with a Lumix S5 with the Sigma 14-24 and later a 50. And a gimbal of course - maybe DJI RSC 2? Is there a better option?

Thanks for reading all of this - I sure appreciate the help!!

Canon EOS R6 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow