Mark Smith 100-400 vs 500pf

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
DigitalFFUser Senior Member • Posts: 1,517
Re: Mark Smith 100-400 vs 500pf

NatureFiles wrote:

FreeLB wrote:

NatureFiles wrote:

"I think Mark is a good dude, but he is now being paid by Sony, so this invalidates his opinion on Nikon gear."

I respectfully disagree. He carefully points out why he has the opinions that he has. He doesn't bash Nikon like, for instance, Jason Lanier. He purchased his Nikon with his own funds and he still shoots with it. I truly believe that when he tried Sony and saw the number of benefits that the system had over his DSLR kit, he was blown away. And it is clear that he prefers his Sony kit over his Nikon kit at this point in time. I don't find him to be the most technically savvy wildlife guy on Youtube. Steve Perry & Steve Matheis are stronger there. But Mark is genuine, highly responsive if you have questions, and he has only shown great integrity in my exposure to him.

We will have to agree to disagree here, and that's ok. Again, I never attacked Mark's integrity, but again, he's getting paid by Sony. It's like a guy that works at Ford and comes to your house to tell you the shortcomings of your Toyota. He might mean well, but it's bad optics (sorry for pun).

I second that too.

DigitalFFUser's gear list:DigitalFFUser's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
J-Z
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow