Nikon Z9 with Sigma 500mm F/4 DG OS HSM Sports

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ManosSKG Forum Member • Posts: 69
Re: Sample photos

Hue_Nature wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, I almost always handhold the combo unless I am photographing owls in dark forests. FYI, the Z9 + FTZ II + Sigma 500mm F4 + 1.4x tc is ~350gm heavier than if you replace Z9+FTZ II with D500 (including battery pack).

I just took around 50 images total in the morning, so take it as a pinch of salt; but once the Z9 focused properly, it tried to stick with the subject. Initially it took some time (cannot compare with D500 at present) to get the focus right, but that is most probably my fault. I am used to choose my background first, subject later type of photographer. Today I was just playing with anything.

Once I get hold of a proper subject, only then I will be able to compare how Z9 is actually performing.

Hello and sorry for resurrecting this older reply. Please let us know how you are finding AF so far with the combo, as I do have my concerns on AF compatibility after 2 weeks of usage.

ManosSKG's gear list:ManosSKG's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z9 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Sigma 500mm F4 Sport Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow