First hand experience by glasses wearers of GV-3 viewfinder ?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Tungsten Nordstein
Tungsten Nordstein Veteran Member • Posts: 3,179
Re: First hand experience by glasses wearers of GV-3 viewfinder ?

Muus wrote:

Tungsten Nordstein wrote:

Muus wrote:

hello,

i would most of all like to know whether it scratches your glasses, as i don't see any rubber-like protection on the eye piece of the viewfinder, and its surface doesn't seem to be perfectly flat either.

thanks in advance !

hans

It looks risky. I have the Voigtlander 28/35 mini, which looks very similar to the GV-3. The important thing is to be able to see the brightlines. I can see them by just keeping a slight distance between the viewfinder and my glasses lens. But the Voigtlander 28/35 mini *does* have a small rubber surround on the VF rear, so I do not need to worry.

If the GV-3 does not have a rubber surround, I would hesitate to use it.

thank you. strange, isn’t it ? there’s quite a few people wearing glasses in japan.

Yes. Is there another small VF you could use? I'd suggest the Voigtlander 28/35, but I just saw a shocking s/h price on ebay – £536!

I wonder whether there is a way to make a little rubber gasket? A thin sheet of self-adhesive rubber cut to size?

-- hide signature --
 Tungsten Nordstein's gear list:Tungsten Nordstein's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GR Digital Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma dp2 Quattro Ricoh GR II +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow