Nikon Z9 with Sigma 500mm F/4 DG OS HSM Sports

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ManosSKG Forum Member • Posts: 68
Re: Nikon Z9 with Sigma 500mm F/4 DG OS HSM Sports

FrankG wrote:

Congrats! Don't worry the new firmware works just fine with the Sigma 500!

I have also got the new Z 800mm PF on order .. but I am keeping the Sigma, they are 2 rather different lenses each with their own uses I think but if the new 800 is as good as all the hype suggests then I guess it will become my most used birding lens - all speculation so far. I expect I'll try to do some side by side comparisons when I get the chance.

I have been meaning to post some more stuff here, especially on the use of the TC-2001 converter with the 500 .. which works so well when combined with the Z9. I'll get round to it!

Look forward to seeing some of your work.

Frank

For me it has to be one or the other, or I need to sell my other kidney as well. As such, I can't even think that a PF can replace an F4. Been there with the 500 PF and it was gone in less than a year. If the 800 is up to the game though, why not, extra reach and less weight. Can't wait to see your reviews. Will post stuff here from the Siggy.

ManosSKG's gear list:ManosSKG's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z9 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Sigma 500mm F4 Sport Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow