Decent hard shell carrying case for TC-14e III

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Craftsman70 Contributing Member • Posts: 695
Decent hard shell carrying case for TC-14e III

I was fortunate enough to find an Amazon warehouse deal on a TC-14e III for about 1/3 off of the MSRP. Now, I'm looking for a decent carrying case that will offer more protection than the standard pouch that Nikon provides. And guess what, I found almost nothing suitable until I remembered that I had a 3rd party carrying case for a set of Koss Portapros which may work.

Generic exterior shot

Generic interior shot

As it turns out, the case was a bit too wide - 90mm where the TC-14e III is 63mm - but about the right height at 50mm. The nice thing is the price is right at about $5 shipped from Alipress or $10 from Amazon. To make up for the 27mm difference in width, I got some closed-cell sheet foam and made a 'pocket' within the case for the TC-14e III so that the male F mount side of things would just sit nicely in place and then I placed more of that foam on the sides of the TC-14e III.  Am I happy with the case?  Kind of.  It's cheap enough and does do the job but ideally, I would like a narrower case so that I can throw it into the LowePro lens case that I have for the 200-500 as I don't have any other lens that the TC-14e III works on so it would make sense for both of them to be in one place.

For anyone looking for a link to what I got, here it is - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002619343980.html - for $4.85 Canadian or about $4 US shipped.

Does anyone have a better suggestion for a case - preferable something narrower?

Craftsman70's gear list:Craftsman70's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7200 Nikon D780 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow