Mac Studio Max vs Ultra question - worth a quarter more?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
hac48 Regular Member • Posts: 110
Re: Mac Studio Max vs Ultra question - worth a quarter more?

I personally find that the performance comparisons of the Studio Max with the Studio Ultra for photography are not particularly useful for me and I suspect many others. They focus on importing and exporting large numbers of files. My focus is on photo editing, and the specific programs I use day to day to edit my images that are slow. I generally don't care if a task takes four seconds instead of 2 seconds, but I do care if it takes a minute v. 2 minutes. I use Gigapixel AI, Sharpen AI and Helicon Focus and d o panorama merges with 50-80MP files. I have tested the AI programs with the Ultra and compared the performance against my 2013 Mac Pro, and the differences were just astonishing, both in terms of processing the file to a TFF (e.g., 40 seconds v. 8 minutes!) or the updating of the previews. However, I don't know how much of a difference there would be between the Max and the Ultra configurations.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow