Sorry to say, but...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter Regular Member • Posts: 384
True - but…

…if you learn to use it only if really needed, it’s OK. And, it’s really not important!

Yes, it’s a bummer, that you can’t transfer RAW files to your phone, but therefore I use a card-Reader, which is faster anyway, and for quick Insta-postings etc. the JPG from Fuji are more than good enough, and offer plenty of room to grade a bit in post…

Yes, it’s a bummer, that it is slow while shooting, but it works! I use it only, when the cam is far away from me positioned, and I want to be in the frame. So I use the App shutter with 2sec delay, to hide the phone. Easy workaround: Don’t use the app, and use Intervall shooting. Frame the cam (tripod), start it with 2sec Intervalls maybe, walk over to where you want to be in the frame, pose to your delight, walk back, stop the cam - keep only these shots you like most and delete immediately the rest. No iPhone visible on any shot, without fiddling around.

When  I’m beside my cam on an tripod, waiting for THAT shot, and don’t want to hold my finger on the shutter, I just use a cable! Had this last year in Iceland during Fagradalsfjall eruption. Freezing cold winds, so I was sitting beside my cam and kept me warm with my hands in the cosy pockets - with the cable-trigger in my hand. Would not have worked with the app.

So: For me, the app is nice to have, but all „workarounds“ are better in the end…

Troubleshooter's gear list:Troubleshooter's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow