Stylus1s minor repair.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ken Croft Senior Member • Posts: 1,796
Stylus1s minor repair.

My old and well used Stylus1s had a problem with the mounting of the rear screen.  The whole rear screen hinges on 2 metal brackets fastened to the rear of the camera, and these brackets were both loose allowing the screen to rattle about when tilted. I thought at first of gently getting some epoxy glue underneath them to stop them rocking about but in the end I took the bull by the horns and I decided to open up the camera. There are 8 small screws holding the camera back in place and when removed the back can be gently eased off. [Two of these are only accessible when the viewfinder eyepiece is slid off upwards]. I removed all 8 small screws and removed the complete camera back. There is a wide ribbon cable attached to the camera back and I left this connected. The brackets about which the screen pivots are held in place by 4 small screws all of which were very loose. They were easily tightened and when back together the screen is now as solid as when new. And the camera still works!!

I will attach a picture of the inside of the camera with the problem screws circled in red. I hope this may be of help to anyone having a similar problem, or just wanting for the fun of it, to have a look inside a Stylus 1.

Stylus1s. Screws holding rear screen brackets circled in red.

Ken C

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow