Apple XDR Pro Display for Photo Editing

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hac48 Regular Member • Posts: 110
Apple XDR Pro Display for Photo Editing

I am in the market now for a replacement for my NEC PA322UHD monitor. There are very few options in 4K monitors that are 30"-32", and they are all very expensive.  One option that I am considering is the Apple XDR Pro Display. I would be interested in hearing about user experience with that monitor for color critical photo editing for print. I understand that is likely not the target market for the XDR Pro Display, but is it the equal of the Eizo CG319X, which is another option (and comparably priced). Many of the specs and features of the XDR Display are irrelevant to photo editing for print, but I believe that the brightness level, the white point, the color space, etc. can all be adjusted for different use cases.

One issue is that the XDR Pro display is a 6K monitor. How much of an issue is that in terms of judging the appropriate level of sharpening for print? I have heard it said that 4K monitors are a problem in that regard, but I never found it to be an issue for me. 6K, who knows?

Thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow