Viltrox NF-M1 Auto Focus Nikon F-mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds M4/3

Started Jun 13, 2020 | Discussions thread
Beshkno
Beshkno Regular Member • Posts: 167
Re: A few questions

Michael Benveniste wrote:

I don’t have either of those lenses, but I can try with a 50mm f/1.8 or a 105mm VR. After the firmware update the Sigma 85mm and 180mm lenses now work, but the 100-400mm still does not.

Hi, I just got this adapter but so far very mixed feelings. Perhaps some from misguided expectations so I'll ask a few questions.

Does the  Olympus (eM1x) in body IS work with Nikon lenses or does nee have to rely on the lens IS? None of the several AFS G lenses on the M1X worked with body IS. Is there something that needs to be configured other than having IS turned on as it's been on my body.

Do you lose light as in aperture.? Without a study of exposures with & without the adapter, I noticed a considerable difference is exposures with the adapter. Perhaps a couple stops maybe more.

Interestingly I had lenses not listed on their website which seemed to work but others which were listed did not. My 200-500 & 85mm f1.8 & 70-200 f.2.8 VR and even my 18-200 f3.5-6.3 worked but no in body IS on any.

I'm hoping (wishfully) that I've missed a setting to configure or that a firmware is out there waiting to fix my issues. If not it"s going back.

-- hide signature --

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept"
-Ansel Adams

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow