BenQ SW321c Backlight Bleed...normal or problematic?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Jamil Abbasy Senior Member • Posts: 1,410
Re: BenQ SW321c Backlight Bleed...normal or problematic?

strawbale wrote:

MiguelD wrote:

Normal. Benq monitors are known to have great specs on paper and mediocre build quality. Eizo wanna be without the engineering and QA. Did you check for blown pixels?

M

Like most mid-priced products from most manufacturers, QC is decent at best. They only discard the obvious lemons, so you have to be lucky to get a (near) perfect one. That's true for BenQ, but equally true for Dell, HP, etc. It's even true for the least expensive Eizo's. A bit like kit lenses vs pro lenses.

So I got home tonight before sunset and it was very bright in the room even with the mini-blinds closed.  The BenQ display looked great and I couldn't see any of the problems.  However, as soon as the sun set and it got just dark enough to be difficult to read a book in the room, I could see the backlight bleed and corner bronzing problem.

I posted about this over on MacRumors and one person responded saying that I should really just be seeing a dark screen with a black image and that I first need to calibrate with Pallete Master first.  So, like you said, I think some come out good and others are duds.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow