BenQ SW321c Backlight Bleed...normal or problematic?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jamil Abbasy Senior Member • Posts: 1,410
BenQ SW321c Backlight Bleed...normal or problematic?

Got a new BenQ SW321c today. It's amazing except for the massive IPS backlight bleed. I wasn't going to even test it for bleed, but the Apple dark evening Catalina wallpaper even shows the bleed as I am typing this. The bottom left and right corners are the worst due to the image having a strong bottom vignette.

I opened a fully black image in Photoshop and displayed it full screen and got this result:

But then I decided to stop the silly test and open a real image...so I opened Lightroom and hit the F key to display the image full screen.  Yes, the image looks overexposed...I had to up the exposure on my iPhone photo when taking it to match what I am seeing for the background bleed.  Bright images look great and don't show this problem...only images with darker edges.

I never had this problem on my old 5K iMac 27" and it's not an issue on my 14" MBP.

I know there will be some bleed, but this seems to be too much and a defective display.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow