What is the best camera flash with rechargeable battery (not AA) for Nikon DSLR?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ianz28 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,480
Re: What is the best camera flash with rechargeable battery (not AA) for Nikon DSLR?

Greg Presseault wrote:

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

If I'm on Amazon.ca, how do I tell if they're made in 1 specific factory? Also, I've seen some Pro Eneloops advertised as high capacity and others as fast recharge or fast refresh. The latter seems to be from China based on the time to ship it to Canada.

Edit: I have an EBL-999 charger. Will that be fine for Eneloops?

Thanks!

Z6User wrote:

Greg Presseault wrote:

On the topic of rechargeable, I've been using EBL high capacity rechargeable for my flash and sometimes, even when freshly charged, I've had issues with longer then expected recharge times. I've heard Enloop's are better, but at a decent price hike.

Can anyone chime in on this as it does relate to flash choices?

Thanks! Sorry if this is considered a thread hijack. Not my intention.

The best rechargeable AA NiMH batteries are made in one factory in Japan, including Eneloops. Stick to Made in Japan for longer lifetimes. Branded under Fujitsu, Eneloop, Duracell etc. To complicate matters sone brands such as Duracell market both Chinese and Japanese made cells, and you have to read the packaging! Prices vary a lot.

Looks like that charger should be fine. It is a smart charger from what I saw.

https://eneloop.panasonic.com/en/products/eneloop-pro.html

https://www.amazon.com/stores/eneloop/page/A6BD1D95-90BA-40CE-B57F-8AC5D38AEDEF?ref_=ast_bln

This is the eneloop store....if you are ordering from them then it's guaranteed to be authentic I'd think. I can't imagine that wouldn't be available in Canada.

ianz28's gear list:ianz28's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 Nikon Z 20mm F1.8 Nikon Z MC 105mm F2.8 VR S +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow