Real Estate Photography image rights

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP HomeToursLV Dave New Member • Posts: 7
Re: Real Estate Photography image rights

Thanks for your insight. First of all I was just asking what others opinions (like yours) were. I am not looking to take any action with the Realtor as I have a great relationship with him. I was more curious about the web designer who received the pics from the Realtor, literally dropped them into the identical format of tour to which I deliver, and resold it back to the Realtor at a highly increased cost. I understand what you are saying that it depends on the agreement with the realtor and moving forward (we are relocating in a few months to the East coast) I will be sure to have an initial agreement with any Realtors that I do business with. Yours is exactly the answer I was looking for. More general knowledge. If the web designer was actually creating a custom page or flyer for a listing it probably would not of bothered me as much as him merely dropping my pics in a template and reselling. It is and was totally my responsibility to talk to the realtor about this and I did, which is why I said in the original post that the Realtor is now using me for the same service. Just irked me that someone else thought it OK to take someones work, spend 10 minutes buying a web address, and resell it back to the Realtor. But I appreciate your input and will be sure to be more clear with my clients in the future.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow