Dust/Dirt issue - RF 70-200 2.8

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Mr F48 Forum Member • Posts: 87
Re: Dust/Dirt issue - RF 70-200 2.8

It could be a possibility that these are leftovers from the assembly, yes. It's just a little strange that more and more specks kept appearing. Initially there were none.

As for my bag... it leaves little fabric particles. It is really not that severe. I just brush them or blow them off. It is nothing compared to using the lens in a dusty environment.

I also find it very unlikely that the lens sucked in the specks from the front, since everything appears to be tightly assembled. And I'm pretty sure they did not come from the back either. They are stuck between the two front  pieces of glass. Very curious.

Anyway, I was more curious than anything else. I will not send the lens in for cleaning since it works great. I am particularly happy with this copy. It would be a shame if it came back badly centered from the disassembly.

Mr F48's gear list:Mr F48's gear list
Canon EOS R6 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 16mm F2.8 STM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow