Portable (outdoor) and and non-portable (outdoor) battery solutions for Canon M50 mark ii?!

Started Mar 23, 2022 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
winterwonderland Forum Member • Posts: 69
Portable (outdoor) and and non-portable (outdoor) battery solutions for Canon M50 mark ii?!

So, i have now had the M50 mark ii for a year or so, and im suuuper happy with the camera, for sure, as it fits my purposes greatly; live streaming, videos and astro + landscape + portrait photography. However, the battery life for the camera is awful. Buying additional Canon-batteries is also a budget-killer, so that's out of the question, at least for me.

What solutions do i have then to have a decent battery life for the M50 mark ii?

I have watched some youtube vids, especially the one from Tech Gear Talk, and from his video, i got some solutions that i wanted to try out...

Since i live stream, i needed continuous power to my M50 mark ii, so from TGT's video, i got myself around to buy a DC-coupler, which works brilliantly for indoor use of the camera (as long as you have an outlet available, of course). That is THE way to go if you're live streaming, at least.

But, what about when you head outdoor and want to bring the camera with you? What options other than a dozen backup Canon-batteries does one have? I have tried the one with the USB-option (where you plug the USB to for example a power bank). But, the problem with that one is that it doesn't seem to be fully...working with the M50 mark ii as it doesn't want to record when this one is plugged into it and on certain modes, it doesn't show any picture on the LCD-screen... So now, im looking for another alternative to it. Here is the USB-solution im talking about:

The only other option i have yet to try, is to get a Power Junkie + 2x Sony NP-F970 batteries and then connect that to for example a powerbank. That is so far the only solution that im looking into that seems to be worth the investment. Anyone else who have tried out that solution? Is it worth it?

Any other solutions for getting continuous battery life outdoor? What are your choices for this?

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow