I'm looking for astrophotography / northern lights lenses to Canon M50 mark ii... Any suggestions?

Started Mar 23, 2022 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
winterwonderland Forum Member • Posts: 69
I'm looking for astrophotography / northern lights lenses to Canon M50 mark ii... Any suggestions?

I've been browsing up and down the web, trying to find answers to this, but the more i search, the more alternatives i seem to get...

The thing is that i live in the way, way north aka north of norway aka outside of the U.S, and up here, we do NOT have that rich starly-packed heaven, but more like a heaven packed with northern lights (aurora borealis). Occasionally, the moon also drops down for a visit, so it'd be nice getting a solid shot of that too. Every now and then, some awesome sky colors and shapes also take place, so getting a photo of those too would be neat. But yeah, it's primarily northern lights (and the stars around/in it) that im aiming to take photos of. Also, i love videography too, so i like shooting vids of the sky with my M50 mark ii.

The camera im using, is a Canon M50 mark ii. With that, i understand if my options are fairly limited, but hopefully, there are some lenses out there that would 1) be worth to go for, 2) that doesn't cost overly much and 3) that suits my purposes.

My current (few) lenses that i own are the kit lens for M50, Canon 11-22mm and Canon 22mm. Im looking into getting myself a Viltrox speed boster adapter, as that'd make my M50 be full frame, but so far, i have not had the budget to buy one.

My budget would be about €500/$550, plus-minus.

Oh btw; i love buying used lenses from reliable sellers, as they are properly taken care of and they fit within my budget.

Also, i do NOT have the option to visit a camera store, because camera stores here in the land of nowhere do not exist, unfortunately...

So, with that in mind, any suggestions for lenses that i could go for?

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow