EOS 90D and Tamron 150-600mm problems

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
OP bird_Hunter New Member • Posts: 5
Re: EOS 90D and Tamron 150-600mm problems

Digirame wrote:

Does the problem persist when you reconnect the Tamron 150-600mm lens to the Canon 7D?

I also have that lens. What you wrote is similar to what I experienced. I considered cleaning the contacts etc., but it was useless. That problem started about 5-1/2 years ago when I was using it with the Canon T2i (550D) camera. I had it repaired under warranty. I haven't any problems with it since. I'm now using that lens with the Canon T7i (800D) camera. So far, I've had no more problems with that lens. If it fails, I'll probably get the G2 lens. I use it too much to not have that lens or something similar.

I've never had any problem when using this lens on the 7D, and I've been using that combo since 2015 with no error messages.   I bought the 90D in December 2021 and immediately attached the 150-600 lens, since that is the lens that I use most often for my bird and wildlife photography.  Everything was working fine until about two weeks ago, when that error 01 message began to appear.  I cleaned the contacts  twice on both the lens and camera with a soft microfiber cloth.  After the first cleaning the error message continued to appear.  After the second cleaning the message has not reappeared and everything is working as it should.  So far, anyway.  If the problem returns I will contact Tamron, or possibly  buy the G2 lens.  Like you, I rely heavily on that lens.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow