Having Trouble with Autofocus

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
BernhardF
BernhardF Forum Member • Posts: 62
Re: Having Trouble with Autofocus

Hi again, I believe I was a little unclear in my last post - sorry for that

In the menus you can find a choice between focus priority and release priority, and it works just as has been described in this thread. You find it the custom settings menu - the pencil icon. Under submenu a you click right on the directional pad and then your first choice is if you want focus or release priority for a1 Af-c (continues shooting) and a2 for af-s (single shot). Click right and make your choice, confirm with OK. 
You choose between af-c and af-s by pressing the little button on the side of the lens mount, where you also can switch between manual and auto focus, and at the same time turn the back wheel (beside the ae-l af-l button). If you turn the front wheel (on top of the grip) while pressing the same button you can choose between focus areas like single point, group area and so forth.

I have found the videos from Steve Perry very helpful for my learning curve, try a YouTube search on for instance “Steve Perry back button focus” and you find a few helpful videos.

-- hide signature --

The best photo is the one yet to take

BernhardF's gear list:BernhardF's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow