Low light video selfies with Canon EOS R3

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Th New Member • Posts: 8
Low light video selfies with Canon EOS R3

Hi,

Note: I put the title „video selfies” because it is the best term which describes the setup which I want to achieve, but this setup isn't limited to this situation.

Basically, I want to put my Canon EOS R3 on a tripod, start the video, enter in frame and the camera will focus automatically on me.

However this does not happen because when I start the video, the camera will lock on the whatever object is in the scene (depending on the settings and scene itself) but when I enter in the scene in the front of the objects, the focus does not shift upon me, especially if the focused object is near to me or if (it seems) it has certain characteristics.

I tried different AF settings in order to achieved this but without succes till now.

Good focus is necessary because I am in low light so I cannot „patch” this problem by using a big Depth of Field.

I am a little bit frustrated because this is very easy to do with a mobile phone.

Any advice is wellcome.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow