Sony A1 vs Sony A7IV - what to do?

Started Oct 21, 2021 | Discussions thread
pjl321 New Member • Posts: 12
Re: Sony A1 vs Sony A7IV - what to do?

creativedogmedia wrote:

I came from the A9II to the A1. It's a phenomenal camera. I no longer shoot sports, don't make large prints, don't shoot birds, shoot a lot of low light, shoot no video and just want a solid body to match up with my 24mm, 85mm, and 135mm glass.

I can easily get rid of the A1 but what would you suspect I'd miss the most (if anything) by moving to the A7IV?

I primarily use the camera for travel, family portraits, and general photography.

What did you do in the end? I am trying to choose between these 2 cameras right now.
I really like the A7iv, the ISO performance seems to be slightly better than the A1 but I think it's over priced for what it is, especially when you look at what the price of the A7iii was a few months back.
The main thing I want from the A1 is silent shooting with no banding but it's a lot more money for this. Or do I wait for either the A7v and hope it has a stacked sensor, the A9iii or the A1ii and hope the A1 drops in price???

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow