This thread is locked.
Michael Fryd
Michael Fryd Forum Pro • Posts: 15,932
Re: Client care: Photography licensing question

Steve BB wrote:

Michael Fryd wrote:

Steve BB wrote:

Joe Bagadonuts wrote:

I find it strange that the designer or you did not foresee that the homeowner would want images.

If you ask a homeowner to use their home as a location for a shoot, and they are not used to being a location, it is natural for them to want copies of the images.

There's nothing strange about it. Did you not read my comment above? I asked prior to the shoot and the answer came back as no.

Yes. I did read that.

I guess I expect that I sometimes understands a customer’s photographic needs better than they do.

As a professional photographer, have you never done a shoot, and then a later date, had someone else want to use them? Isn't part of photography, making licenses of pre-existing photos, and making your work 'work for you'?

Yes. I’ve had that happen.  Over time I’ve gotten a good feel what a customer will want, even if the customer hasn’t realized it.

Michael Fryd's gear list:Michael Fryd's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW130 Canon EOS D60 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow