Nikon Z9 with Sigma 500mm F/4 DG OS HSM Sports

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ManosSKG Forum Member • Posts: 69
Re: Nikon Z9 with Sigma 500mm F/4 DG OS HSM Sports

Lasse p wrote:

ManosSKG wrote:

Oh cmon guys! Post something :p!

Weather was great in the UK last weekend. I was there. Show us some mercy.

Sorry i have been pretty occupied with work and focusing on ordering the portrait lenses and lighting i need.

Speaking off. I took this portrait of my daughter using the Sigma 500 F4 and the 1.4 TC. Hand held.

ISO 5000, F5.6, 700mm. No sharpness or noise reduction. Small image for web-use.

I am happy to report focus was absolutely instant, with eye af being spot on. No issues at all. The the lens performs flawlessly with the 1.4 teleconverter, both AF and image quality wise. I am still impressed with the sharpness of the lens every time i use it.
I am heading out for a small day trip tomorrow to hopefully get some images of the black woodpecker and whatever else is in range I will post my any good shots here!

She is gorgeous and the shot amazing!  I have also tried some portraits and indeed the aperture in combination with the long focal length, give an amazing result.

Can't wait to see more wildlife of course. I am happy you like the lens so far!

ManosSKG's gear list:ManosSKG's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z9 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Sigma 500mm F4 Sport Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow