Pen-F alternatives?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jeff_nesh Forum Member • Posts: 63
Pen-F alternatives?

I’m excited about the OM-1 and moving back into m43 after a hodge-podge of other bodies lately. I started digital with an E1, then E510, E30, EP-1 and GF1, but haven’t shot 43/m43 since then.

I’d also like a small high-performing m43 camera with a 17mm or 25mm for city and street shots. I like the Fuji X-Pros, X-E3, and Leica M10 (all of which I’ve heavily shot).

Pen-F would seem the right fit, but they’re long in the tooth(?) and priced at a premium for 5-year old used cameras. What might be a good equivalent for RF-style street shooting?

GX9 stands out, but I’ve heard not-great things about the EVF. I like the Oly/OMDS computational features (Live ND, Live Bulb, Composite, etc.).

Would an EM-5.3 or EM10.4 satisfy? Advantages of one over the other? How do either compare with the Pen-F?

Or should I just bite the bullet and find a good Pen-F?

-- hide signature --
 jeff_nesh's gear list:jeff_nesh's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm GFX 50S II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro +1 more
Leica M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow