D600 video quality?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MrScrooge Contributing Member • Posts: 747
D600 video quality?

I feel like there must be a thread about this already and if the forum search used the AND operator I could maybe find it but there isn't really any guidance on what conventions the search uses ... anyway ...

I've been shooting happily with my D600 for a few years now. For photos, this is probably all the camera I will ever need - but I'm pretty disappointed with the video quality. It suffers from moiré something awful, the default picture profiles aren't great and there's not much latitude to play with recovering shadow detail or improving the colours. I created a custom profile with reduced contrast which helps a little bit but not much.

Can anyone tell me the earliest Nikon models that started to produce better video than the D600? I'm not looking to purchase anything new so as far as I'm concerned the older the model the better from a price point. If there was some sort of website like DxOmark but with DR / noise / colour measurements for video that would be ideal for me to look at potential solutions.

I'm honestly considering just getting a Sony NEX as a second body for video work, not ideal from a workflow pov though.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow