Finally zeroing in on the Best BIF AF settings and Controls for me

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
BernhardF
BernhardF Forum Member • Posts: 63
Re: Finally zeroing in on the Best BIF AF settings and Controls for me

The Nikon Nanny is a most stubborn and conservative obstacle in refusing to change time-honoured conventions, and/or particular camera models (.....This why the Z6, Z7, D780 are superb cameras but sadly handicapped by Nikon themselves. imagine if they allowed assigning AFmode+AFOn, I would still own mine....but never again)

I totally agree! Having had such success with the D500 and D850 partly due to this feature Nikon really went the wrong way not allowing it on there first Z-cameras. Over all it seems that Nikon by choice or maybe by not having the ultimate programming skills messed up or at least limited quite a few things concerning af on the early Zs. (Which has been discussed in so may threads and I don’t intend to start yet another discussion - this is only my personal view). They got it so right on their DSLRs but for some reason unfortunately went another direction on their Zs until the Z9.

I still love my Z7 though for the picture quality given the right circumstances. Just wish it would be more all round like the D850.

-- hide signature --

The best photo is the one yet to take

BernhardF's gear list:BernhardF's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow