New to the R5

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
peterpet Regular Member • Posts: 305
Re: New to the R5

Chris 345 wrote:

My wife and I recently began using an R5 camera after many years with the EOS 1D Mk4. We had not photographed birds for nearly 3 years and it took us a while to get used to tracking birds in flight again. We also had to get used to the different control layout and menu system on the R5. The only downside we have found with the R5 is the slight delay when the camera has to wake up. The animal eye focus, 20 FPS in electronic shutter mode, and the 45 megapixel sensor are all big advantages over our previous camera for the type of photography we do, however. All the images were taken in either our garden or a local park.

We have so far used the EF 500mm f4 L IS ll USM and the EF 400mm f5.6 L USM. As the year progresses, we intend to explore the R5’s capabilities for insect photography using stacked images.

Hi Chris,

All is soooo beautiful..
If you don't mind, where do you live?
Cannot imagine if I could have those birds in my garden 

And is all images captured in electronic shutter mode?

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Peter

peterpet's gear list:peterpet's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow