Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
BernhardF
BernhardF Forum Member • Posts: 62
Re: What do I do now?

michaeladawson wrote:

BernhardF wrote:

ZapperVT wrote:

Here is what the update page says:

The important part is "Updated Serial Number: 035591 or later".

That could mean several things, including:

1. Serial numbers < 035591 do not need an update, so this update is not applied to them.
  2. Serial numbers < 035591 need an update but can not be updated, so this update is not applied to them.
  3. Serial numbers < 035591 need an update and can be updated, but not by the Tap-in Console, so this update is not applied to them.

I think #1 is the most likely: earlier versions of the lens did not have a compatibility problem, but an change was made starting with #035591 that broke FTZ compatibility, so a firmware update is needed to fix it.

My G2 has a much lower serial number than the OPs’ and it did not function correctly on my Z7 until I updated the lens via the TapIn console (dock). So I don’t think #1 is right. My somewhat educated guess is that #3 is the most likely meaning of the notice on Tamrons website.

Calling Tamron is a good idea, given the ambiguity of the information on the website.

I'm confused. You say that your lens has a serial number lower than the OP. You updated the firmware on your lens using the Tap-In console.

Yet you say that #3 is most likely. Need an update but update can't be applied by the Tap-In console. But you say you did.

Sorry Michael, I misread #3. What I meant was that lower serial numbers need an update that CAN be done with the TapIn console. Which is exactly as it was for me.

-- hide signature --

The best photo is the one yet to take

BernhardF's gear list:BernhardF's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow