Nikon's most affordable 'Subject Isolation' lenses are?

Started Apr 25, 2021 | Discussions thread
Van Griff Senior Member • Posts: 1,851
Re: Goin 'vertical' is the hot ticket?

GarysInSoCal wrote:

Peekas Pics wrote:

Van Griff wrote:

Gary

The 135 f/2 DC is still available . . . listed on NIKON USA and at various retailers . . .

135 DC Nikon USA

135 DC B&H

. . . fabulous subject isolation and absolutely one of my fave lenses . . .

. . . you can find them at great prices on the used market as well . . . and the bokeh is magnificent . . . grab one while you can!

I have a mint condition Nikon 135 f2 DC lens. Not only are it’s images beautiful, it’s a piece of fine work to hold and look at.

Best,

V G

Just came to the realization that 'shooting verticals' can sometimes work better at isolating the subject... tossing some foreground and background out... while hightlighting a subject somewhere in between. Gotta haveta start shooting more verticals...

Hey Gary

Most of my shots are in vertical portrait orientation rather than horizontal landscape . . . but I liked this one . . . natural read left to right . . . a little soft focus to start . . . then flowers in focus . . . then travelling down the sidewalk into the distance . . . with the lady in black walking away . . . and others fading into the distance . . . I like this composition coupled with the 135 magical bokeh!

Thanks for the comments!

Best,

V G

Van Griff's gear list:Van Griff's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow