Shocking - G500 outperforms the 7i

Started Oct 31, 2003 | Discussions thread
Jim Cockfield Forum Pro • Posts: 16,342
Re: Shocking - G500 If they could add a 10x lens

rick wrote:

to this camera I would buy it immediately

Unfortunately, all cameras are a compromise. You have to find the best balance of physical size, flash range, user control of image processing, light gathering capability of the lens, focal range, etc.

I wanted something small enough to fit in my pocket, and I deliberately sought out, and found a Japanese Model of the Konica Kd-510z, within two weeks after it was released in Japan.

I reviewed lots of cameras before taking this step, deciding that the Konica was the best for my needs. So, I bought a Japanese Camera with no warranty, just to get a pocketable camera this good.

If Konica would take the same technology, and build it into a larger camera, with a fast lens with greater focal range; I have no doubt that it would be a "winner".

Perhaps, now that Konica and Minolta have merged, they'll take the image processing technology from the Konica line, and incorporate it into larger models -- taking the best from both Konica and Minolta engineering for future projects.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow