Where is Z7II AF update, nikon?!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Gabriele Sartori Veteran Member • Posts: 4,483
Re: Where is Z7II AF update, nikon?!

AlireaPhotography wrote:

Many already mentioned ZII AF is great for static objects, but seriously does it matter for static objects?! you surely have enough time to use single point AF for static objects. AF was supposed to get eyes of moving object and I am not talking about super fast sport...

I don't have a Z7II but I heard from people having the Z7 (like me) and the Z7II that now the two cameras are very close with FW 3.34 in the Z7 1st gen. Well if that is true you should have a very usable eye detection. I use only that function now for people, particularly people moving around. I do have a 2YO granddaughter that runs around my beckyard like a little demon and I don't miss a photo with eye detection. This morning I was doing some tests and I used tracking with delay set to 1 with some bord in the sky. Give, the Z7 is no Z9 and the sky is a nice background but out of 4 identical birds my Z7 was stuck to the single bird I confirmed to track. Wonderful for a camera that I was ready to sell on eBay

-- hide signature --

Regards
Gabriele
California, CA
Thom Hogan: "Stop arguing and do more study and shooting. Amazingly, the autofocus system you're complaining about will get better when you do."

Gabriele Sartori's gear list:Gabriele Sartori's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Nikon Z7 Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
cna
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow