Monument 2 Photo Storage

Started Jan 30, 2022 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
bookz Regular Member • Posts: 278
Monument 2 Photo Storage

This is a brief review of my recently acquired photo organization, storage and backup system.  I purchased the monument 2 on kickstarter. It is currently offered on indigogo.  I like it!

It’s a $180 US networked device. I used external hard drives but there is a model with an internal drive. Setup was simple. You download an app on your phone android/iPhone and PC/Mac. The device imports your photos and organized by date. AI also identifies people. You can filter by camera, videos, location and other data. It took me 24hrs+ over Wi-Fi and USB to import 25k photos and 600 videos.

You can share your library with anyone else who downloads the app allowing them to download photos.  Or they can share their photos with you. Once installed it can auto upload new video images from selected devices. Overall the interface is pretty slick. Scrolling through 12 years of photos is very fast. I’ve purchased a second drive to be configured as a backup handled by the device.

I don’t use Lightroom and didn’t have a good catalogue system. I manually backed up to hat drives but this is much nicer. I was ready to upgrade to paid Flickr but this system is faster and requires no subscription.  So both my problems are addressed with the product.

bookz's gear list:bookz's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D3400 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Nikon 85mm F1.8G +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow