Don’t throw away old DSLRs.

Started Jan 23, 2022 | Discussions thread
QuaziSanjeed
OP QuaziSanjeed Junior Member • Posts: 42
Re: Just so

FrancoD wrote:

Ed B wrote:

Smaug01 wrote:

I have no doubt that the state-of-the-art MILCs now are better than my trusty old Nikon, it's just that I don't really care. (I wish I was as apathetic with cars!)

Those could have been words coming out of my mouth.
With the exception of (maybe) a little faster autofocus, I'm not really impressed with any of the features and still get a smile on my face when people think they needthings like pet eye focus.

Now I'm going to get blasted because people who take animal pictures are going to tell me the value of eye focus.

maybe you are thinking only about the photos you take and I am thinking of the photos I would like to take ,but not everyone does the same.

With animal photography most often if the eye is not in focus , the shot is lost.

Now, pick up a long lens and see how often you can nail a photo like this :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzhovUttiI

Of course photos like that have been taken for decades, it is just a lot easier now to get more keepers.

No, I don't have Eye AF in my camera.

-- hide signature --

Using DSLRs for photography purposes.

Eye autofocus is more of a gimmick than necessity. For example, beauty of birds are mostly visible on their feathers, not the eye. When the eye is in sharp focus, the body might get blurred and the main beauty is lost. However, if the body is in focus, the whole image is a beauty to watch.

This image was shot in Nov21 with Canon 1D Mark IV + EF 400 5.6 + 1.4x. No eye autofocus but the whole image presents the multicolor plumages.

QuaziSanjeed's gear list:QuaziSanjeed's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 90D +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow