Mirrored Sunglasses

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Colin Creevey Contributing Member • Posts: 703
Mirrored Sunglasses

Hi all,
I was watching a movie today and during one of the scenes something jumped out to me.  Not something that was present but rather what wasn't present.  There was a close up on the character with mirrored sunglasses yet there was no camera in the reflection.  
This sent me down a little rabbit hole to figure out what tricks cinematographers use to hide the camera in reflections.   If you care to watch a couple of the videos I have linked them down below.
Anyway, to my question.  What I would like to do is to take a photo of someone wearing reflective glasses and then replace the reflection on the glasses with another image whilst making it look realistic.  I am thinking of either using an image shot with a wide angle lens or perhaps even using a 360 camera.
Can this be done in Photoshop and if so can anyone point me to the tools or some tutorials to teach me how to do this?  I am sure they exist but I don't know what to search for in order to find the information.
Many thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow