Nikon D200 battery issues

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Z6User
Z6User Contributing Member • Posts: 906
Nikon D200 battery issues

I have a D200 which I do not use and I am going to sell it. The battery has not had much use, I only took maybe 20,000 photos. The battery was dead so I charged it, it took an hour or two. I put the battery in the camera, it said it was full, the menu didn’t work, I took a shot and it died ie empty. I recharged the battery, checked the battery status in the menu, and it was 4 (as new) and full. Again after one or two shots it died.

My question is simple. What has happened to the battery, and can it be recovered?

I’d appreciate replies from people with similar experiences and/or with knowledge of the battery chemistry.

My belief is that the battery cells are degraded and worn out due to age given the low usage. And my belief is that the battery status is “Like new” because that reads a value in the battery which reflects the number of recharges. As it hasn’t been used much it thinks it’s like new even though the cells are knackered.

I’ve ordered a replacement battery so I can sell the camera.

-- hide signature --
 Z6User's gear list:Z6User's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +3 more
Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow