Shutter replacement cost in 2022

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
erhan0
erhan0 New Member • Posts: 15
Shutter replacement cost in 2022

Hello,

Does anyone know shutter replacement cost of R5 or R6 these days? I made a search and it used to be around $200-$300 many years ago, but there is no new information.

I have a M6 Mark II. I used it a lot in high-speed mode, and the shutter failed in 2 years after around 200k shots. I have a third party warranty and they sent the camera to Canon. After two weeks, instead of replacing the shutter, they gave me a refurbished M6 Mark II which looks and feels brand new. I was happy with the service, but I am also worried about the shutter replacement costs.  I think it might be very expensive these days, since they chose to give me a new body instead of replacing the shutter (the body is probably worth about $700). They probably won't sell my camera after fixing it, since it has a lot of small cosmetic problems due to heavy use.

I am planning to switch to full frame but would like to figure out expected shutter replacement cost, since it seems like an issue with heavy use in high-speed mode. I called Canon but they told me they cannot give a quote without seeing the Camera. Third-party repair centers say that Canon does not give them shutter parts of recent models. I guess there are workarounds like using the electronic shutter and getting a Canon extended warranty, but I would appreciate the information, if anybody knows about the current price range.

Thanks a lot.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow