Nikon Z9 buffer size after 1.11 update

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Donmonte Forum Member • Posts: 52
Nikon Z9 buffer size after 1.11 update

Hello everyone,

I just tested the buffer size of my Z9 with the following cards and got the following results with firmware 1.11:

Sandisk 128GB (W1200MB/s):

Lossless raw: 45 frames

High efficiency * : 90 frames

Delkin Black 128GB (W1710MB/s):

Lossless raw: 75 frames

High efficiency * : 175 frames

I didn’t test the buffer before updating the firmware, but it seems that it’s kind of low especially with the Delkin Black being the fastest available card at the moment.

It does clear the buffer amazingly fast and you can start over after less than a second but it seems a far cry from the 1000+ shots in High efficiency * I saw in other YouTube videos granted with a prior firmware.

I also tested with 15fps with the Delkin, and it does go on forever, easily 1000+ shots,  it’s only at 20fps that I got those results.

Can someone with the Delkin Black test the buffer before and after firmware 1.11 and report back please? Maybe I’m missing something here.

Thanks.

Donmonte's gear list:Donmonte's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z9 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E ED +26 more
Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow