Video recording stops random on EOS-M

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zonoskar Contributing Member • Posts: 533
Video recording stops random on EOS-M

Last week I tried to record a video while building a Lego set. I had set a timer for 28 minutes as I know the EOS-M (the original) can only record 30 minutes of video in one go. After the first 28 min, I found that the camera had stopped recording after 12 minutes (and some seconds). I was a bit bummed, as it missed 15 minutes of the build. I restarted the camera and it again stopped early. I believe this time it was 5 minutes. As the camera was facing me, I couldn't see the screen (you know, no flippy screen on the M1), so I put a mirror behind it. During the next 12 hours of the build, I found that the average recording was about 12-15 minutes, not 30. What could be the cause of this?

I am using the camera with a Viltrox 0.7x adapter to adapt my EF 17-40mm L f4 lens. I also use an AC adapter from Canon, so the battery is not suspect. Could it be due to the adapter? It is known to cause battery drainage, so maybe it interferes with the recording? Or is the camera just too old and I should upgrade?

zonoskar's gear list:zonoskar's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS M Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow