Has anyone got their hands on the 28-75mm 2.8?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Prophecies Forum Member • Posts: 56
Has anyone got their hands on the 28-75mm 2.8?

Hey folks,
I'm really looking hard to find any solid reviews or thoughts on the new 28-75mm 2.8 Z lens. There's a few youtube videos up now, but they're either extremely one-dimensional and shallow, without much in the way of good comparisons with the other lenses in the 24-70 range. There's no mention of build quality or what Nikon has done compared to the Tamron G1 version of the lens, there's just radio silence about this lens.

Now I know there's a lot of confusion about this lens, and many don't see the point of it. But the fact of the matter is, it's a fantastic option for people who need the zoom range, the 2.8 aperture, but don't want to shell out $2300 for the 24-70mm 2.8 S lens.
At just over 1000$, the 28-75 is less than half the price, smaller, lighter covers a similar focal range, and has the fast aperture. For me, someone who only needs something a tad wider than 35 (as I already own a 35mm 1.4), I don't need it to go all the way to 24. 28 is plenty for me. The 2.8 aperture is more important to me than the extra 4mm, compared to the 24-70 F4 S.

That's just my take, and why I think I'll love this lens, but I am eager to see some solid comparisons.
Thanks !

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow