The two things that annoy me the most about the A7IV

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Docno Veteran Member • Posts: 5,095
The two things that annoy me the most about the A7IV

Don't get me wrong, I really like this camera and would recommend it in an instant. But there are two small issues I keep running into. There may be settings that can take care of these, but I haven't been able to find. So I live with my frustration.

1. The position of the video button. I keep hitting it when I mean to press C2 (for focus area). I quickly realise it and stop it, but end up with a one second video as a result of my stupidity. I come from the A7RII, so maybe the focus area button was in the same spot and my muscle memory needs to relearn things. But still annoying...  
  2. Playing back video and images. I have card 1 set to do video, card 2 set to store photos. If the last thing I did was take a video, I can only access the 'video card' without diving into the menus; if it was an image, then I can only access my images without hitting the menus. Again, a minor pain.

Would love to find a way to disable the video button when in photo mode ... can't see that in the manual. And I believe that was possible with some old Sony cameras.

And I wish I could figure out how to switch across cards when in playback without having to fiddle with menus.

That said, it's an amazing camera...

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony RX100 IV Sony a7R II Sony a7 IV Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow