Eagles of the Mississippi (Z7II and 500PF)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
third son
third son Veteran Member • Posts: 3,080
Eagles of the Mississippi (Z7II and 500PF)

I took a trip down to the Mississippi River last weekend to photograph Eagles congregating at the roller dams. Fish tumble over the dams and get stunned so the Eagles are there looking for a free meal. The weather was brutally cold with a wind chill at -8°F. The five hour drive was rewarded with quite a few birds. I had my Z7II and 500PF with and without the 1.4 TCEIII. I found out how difficult is was to shoot these distinctive birds with the bright white caps and dark bodies. Metering was a real challenge but I came away with some decent images. The light was also constantly changing with some clouds and some clear skies. I should have bumped up the shutter speed in some cases but I was doing a lot of panning anyway. The mandatory two layers of gloves made dexterity a bit problematic on top of everything else. Anyway here are some of the results of my amateurish efforts. I can hopefully get better with more practice.

Beginning of the fish exchange

Done

third son's gear list:third son's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow