Need help with any Godox X2T and Godox 350 flash, using Fuji X-T2

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
roberthd12 Contributing Member • Posts: 738
Need help with any Godox X2T and Godox 350 flash, using Fuji X-T2

I know a lot of Fuji users have Godox equipment, so hopefully someone can help me with my idiocy. Anyone using the Godox trigger?

To learn simple flash off-camera technique, I bought a Godox X2T trigger for a Godox 350 flash. This is the Fuji version for mounting on my X-T2.

(Confusing, an X2T trigger on an X-T2 camera.)

I have spent a lot of time trying to find out how to get the off-camera Godox 350 to flash dependably. It will sometimes fire from the trigger, then the next shutter press will find the off-camera flash unit not firing.

I have read and re-read the flash manual and X2T trigger manual. The only thing I can find that could be the issue is the icon in the bottom-right corner of this display image from the trigger, next to the battery icon. It seems to suggest I want a flash burst, but I don't. Where in the world do I turn this off? I cannot figure it out.

I assume this burst icon on the trigger is the reason for the display showing "5 times" –– or am I wrong?

I have my channels and frequency set correctly, and am including a shot of the Godox flash display, too, to show those settings

Thank you for any help. Right now, I am having about a 30 percent success rate of the flash actually firing when triggered, regardless of positioning. I know I am doing something wrong,

-- hide signature --
 roberthd12's gear list:roberthd12's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100V Olympus PEN E-PL1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 +12 more
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow