indecisive on replacement for Sony A65

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
chriswife New Member • Posts: 15
indecisive on replacement for Sony A65

My Sony A65 from about 8 years ago stopped working. I'm guessing from the sound of it that it's the mechanics of the mirror. I called my local camera shop in CT. They send out to a place in NJ. They say repairs are starting at $475 for Sony. In 2018 i bought Sony DT 16-50mm f/2.8 SSM Lens for $800 new.

So my question is... what new camera do i buy to replace the A65?

I originally got my Sony when my kids were little. I used it for a while until phones took over. I have also been using it for several years for a side-gif for about 10 shoots a year for families for holiday cards, a few senior sessions and a couple of summer shoots. So... do i invest in a new system and push my side hustle a bit more or do I hang it up? Because how much do i have to spend to be happy with a replacement? I always wanted a little bit more pro-looking photos.

The Sony A7 iii was suggested... B&H has this lens... FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens with the camera for $2198. I could swing that... but would I be happy with that lens for my side business?

Sony a7 III Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow