Considering selling my 7-14/2.8...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zuikowesty
zuikowesty Veteran Member • Posts: 4,141
Considering selling my 7-14/2.8...

As much as I love my Oly 7-14/2.8, I just don't use it enough anymore, primarily due to weight/size, and the exposed front element, which is tricky in wet or dusty environments. When I was hiking a lot, it would often be 50% of my shooting, but now that most of my time is spent on the ocean, the weight and delicate front element mean that I almost never take it out; the 12-40/2.8 is on the body 98% of the time. I've even considered going to a 14-150 to get the reach, but often even 12mm isn't wide enough.

I still have an older Bower/Samyang 7.5mm to fall back on...

It looks like from the used market that I could probably sell my 7-14 and get a Lumix 8-18 for a similar amount if I decide that I want to get back into an UWA zoom, with a slightly smaller, lighter option.

Who here is using the 8-18 on an Olympus body, and how does it compare with the 7-14?

zuikowesty's gear list:zuikowesty's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow