GLITCHES WITH THE CANON R5 MIRRORLESS

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RichardP48 New Member • Posts: 1
GLITCHES WITH THE CANON R5 MIRRORLESS

Can anyone help with suggestions to overcome some of the faults/glitches I have encountered with the Canon R5? These are as follows;

1. Camera freezes for no apparent reason and needs turning off and restarting before coming back into operation. I have removed and reinserted the battery;  I have changed batteries with fully charged replacement - all without permanent success.  There appears to be no pattern to when the camera shuts down. I have also tried reprogramming the camera with the latest firmware.

2. The centre focus point is often found elsewhere in the frame, usually in a lower corner, having first set it to be in the centre, thus preventing rapid focusing on a subject. I use back button focussing. 3. There are times when the camera sets the shutter speed to ridiculous low settings, even though I shoot on Manual and set shutter speeds to no less than 1/2500 sec.

Any suggestions, other than returning it to Canon, would be most welcome, which includes where else I might find Canon help forums.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow